30 November 2011
The Royal on the Park, Brisbane
Download Brochure (PDF)
Originally scheduled for early June, the Brisbane Strategic Forum will now take place on Wednesday 30th November and now comes with a “bonus event”. The CIPSA Queensland Regional Committee will host its end of year Christmas drinks following the end of the conference proceedings. So now you have even more reason to attend!
About the Programme
Never has "Managing Volatility" - the theme of the 2010 6th CIPSA Annual Conference - appeared more relevant. With a two-speed economy operating in Australia, the wave of natural disasters at home and abroad, political unrest and economic uncertainty in other parts of the world driving commodity price and currency fluctuations, and an uncertain political landscape at home, the challenges for procurement in delivering value and managing risk have never been greater.
In this climate, the 2011 series of CIPSA Strategic Procurement Forums will seek to address a broad range of relevant issues, beyond merely cutting cost. While the programmes continue to be structured around the framework of the "professional agenda wheel", first published by CIPSA in Procurement Professional magazine issue 23 in February 2009, and updated in 2010, we have also sought to incorporate additional content based on the experiences of the last year.
The core issues/themes explored at the Brisbane Forum will be:
· Procurements role in managing risk and business continuity
· Developing sourcing or category plans that align with business needs
· Strategic category change - making the market
· Understanding the suppliers view of procurement
· Developing essential soft skills for engaging stakeholders
· Integrating procurement strategy, process and technology
· Using supply market intelligence to drive value
· Procurements role in the supply chain
We trust you find the programme compelling and look forward to seeing you in Brisbane,
Samantha Neve MCIPS